Students enrolled in UALR’s Distance Education Classes or Off-Campus Programs, and those who access Ottenheimer Library’s services remotely from home or at work have access to a variety of online resources and library services. Library access and use is considered essential to success at UALR and is encouraged from all locations.
When utilizing library resources from off-campus you will need to identify yourself as a currently enrolled UALR student. After selecting the resource you wish to use, you will be prompted to fill-in your name and your 14-digit ID number.
Steps to identifying yourself as a currently enrolled UALR student:
* Select the database, online book or electronic journal
* When prompted, enter your first and last name
* Enter your 14-digit UALR card number
* The 14-digit card number is on the back of your UALR card, or can be found via your BOSS account.
Having difficulties?…call the Reference Desk at 1-800-340-9367 or (501) 569-8806
Possible Problems with Off-Campus Access:
* Your UALR account may not be active. Are you currently enrolled in a class?
* You may have been directed to the publisher’s login page rather than our proxy page.
* Make sure you are using first and last name and your 14-digit number to log-in.
The Ottenheimer Library has over 100 periodical databases, 20,000 electronic journals, and 10,000 books that may be assessed remotely for our students and faculty. Due to some publisher’s licensing agreements some products may not be available remotely. Using the library’s link to Article Indexes and Databases you will find electronic indexes, some electronic journals, and electronic books. Using the library’s Electronic Journals List you will find which periodicals our library has electronically. For assistance, please contact Reference Services at (501) 569-8806.
Distance Education Students
If you are enrolled in a course that is completely WEB-BASED and has a Section Number of 999 you have additional library services available to you besides remote access to databases and periodicals.
Distance Education students that are unable to travel to UALR are provided extended services to assist you in retrieving those items that are NOT available online. Please contact Carol Macheak or Brenda Jackson for assistance. The library also provides an 800 number for your assistance 1-800-340-9367.