Lacie Edens | Applied Communication Major

Lacie Edens is a non-traditional, Applied Communication major here at UA Little Rock. She lives in Sherwood, Arkansas with her husband and their two dogs.

Eden began her studies in the fall of 2015 after working as an administrative assistant in the College of Social Sciences and Communication.

“I immediately fell in love with the people and culture within the college, and knew that I wanted to study applied comm after speaking with Dr. Mirivel,” said Edens.

Edens said Mirivel connected her with Dr. April Chatham-Carpenter, the applied comm department chair and now her advisor.

“She has spent the last 3 years investing in my growth not only as a student but also as an individual,” said Edens.

Eden has made the Chancellor’s and Dean’s list every semester throughout her program. She said this has taught her that she can be disciplined and passionate when she puts her mind to it.

“I am very proud of this because I have juggled a course load of 9-13 hours while working full-time,” said Edens.

Due to uncontrollable circumstances, it has taken Edens eighteen years to reach her goal of obtaining a degree.

“I will finally see a dream fulfilled that I never thought possible,” said Edens.

Eden expressed her passion women’s rights and hopes to use her written and verbal communication skills to make a difference in the world.

“I am passionate about helping others achieve their goals, gain quality of life, and have a voice within society,” said Edens

Eden said she has conquered mountains and produce projects at UA Little Rock that she is very proud of. She said that she now has confidence she didn’t possess before attending UA Little Rock.

“The fact that my instructors, in both programs, believed in me enough to push me out of my comfort zone while encouraging me to believe in myself, is something I will never forget,” said Edens.

She will be graduating this May.

Posted in: News, Student News, Student Spotlight