Students and student organizations are obligated to assume the responsibilities of mature individuals which are held to include the responsibility:
- To abide by the behavioral standards of the university as well as federal, state, and local laws.
- To hold inviolate the rights of others in matters of expression and assembly.
- To respect the rights and property of others including faculty, staff, students, and guests.
- To respect the property of the university and the various student organization lodges and centers.
- To refrain from using the name of the university without the express consent of an authorized administrator or official of the university except to identify affiliation.
The university community has the responsibility to create and maintain a system of order on campus which includes:
- Providing an environment that will enable a student to pursue academic endeavors.
- Protecting and maintaining high academic standards.
- Setting forth clearly rules, regulations, policies, and procedures that relate to student life and student organizations.
- Providing due process for those accused of violations.
- Affording students the maximum opportunity, consistent with the efficient operation of the university, to participate in the making of policies and decisions which concern them as students.
- Providing a drug-free environment.