Stacy Willis Scholarship Awarded for 2014-15

The Stacy Willis Memorial Scholarship Committee has selected Ms. Lauren Martin as the recipient for 2014-15. This competitive scholarship is awarded every year to a student of distinction with a disability at UALR. Congratulations to Ms. Martin!

My name is Lauren Martin and I am 22 years old. I am a senior at UALR and will graduate in December of 2014. I am majoring in Early Childhood Education and plan to go on to get my masters in Administration. I enjoy spending time with family, my fiancé, friends, and church family.

I was diagnosed with Primary Generalized Epilepsy at the age of 14 and was told I would not be as academically successful as my peers. I now have a 3.9 GPA and plan to graduate at the top of my class. I have done more than 100 hours of volunteer work since entering college and have a passion for helping others. I have used my disability to show people that anything is possible if you are determined and work hard. I plan to use my disability and hard work as a testimony throughout my entire career.

Lauren Martin, scholarship recipient

Applications for the 2015-16 academic year will be available on the Disability Resource Center website on February 1, 2015.

Posted in: News