Is there a barrier that is causing you grief?Â The DRC may have an AT solution for you!
The following is a list of the adaptive technology that the DRC has available to check out to students.
- Amplified Stethoscope – A medical stethoscope with audio amplification.
- Assististive Listening Device (ALD) – A wireless FM transmitter and receiver with environmental mic.
- CCTV for Classrooms – A non portable CCTV with LCD monitor that can enlarge documents and other items.
- Intel Reader – A portable device which can take pictures of documents and convert them to audio on the fly.
- FS Pearl Reader/Magnifier – A portable document camera that plugs into a computer.Â It can convert text to audio as well as enlarge.
- JAWS Screen Reader Software – A network license version of the JAWS screen reader that can be installed on any on campus Windows computer.
- Learning Ally Audio Book Reader – A portable talking book player compatible with books from Learning Ally.
- MAGIC Screen Magnification Software – A network license version of the MAGIC screen magnifier that can be installed on any on campus Windows computer.
- Portable CCTV – A portable desk camera that plugs into a computer.Â It can enlarge documents and other items.
- Refreshable Braille Display – A portable device that can interface with computers to provide braille input and output.
- Smart Pen – A pen with a built in digital recorder that can sync recorded lectures up with written notes.
- Snap and Read Text to Speech Software – A text to speech application with built in OCR.Â It may be installed on students personal Windows or Mac computers.
For information about availability and check out please fill out our equipment check out request form.