- Must be 21 years of age at the start of the program.
- Must be enrolled at UALR at the time the program begins.
- Must pass an Arkansas State Police criminal records check.
- Must pass an Arkansas Central Registry Check.
- Must be available to participate for two consecutive semesters.
- Must have a passion for working with troubled teens!
If you meet all of the above criteria and would like more information about participating in our mentoring internship, please fill out the request form below and submit. Someone will be contacting you shortly. Mentoring system involved youth is not for everyone! The selection process requires an interview and two criminal record checks. It is highly selective, and not all applying students are guaranteed an internship. If selected you will undergo a series of trainings prior to mentoring. These trainings are geared to help prepare you to be an effective mentor and get a thorough understanding of the environment in which you will be working.