Administrators and counselors provide the avenues between CE partners which make CE possible and successful. They are the advocates and drivers behind quality instructors and enrollment.
- Support and encourage teachers to attend the UALR Concurrent Enrollment professional development.
- Utilize the UALR Concurrent Enrollment webpage for professional development opportunities.
- Share success stories about CE and what it does for the community, school, and most importantly the students.
- Provide a link to ualr.edu on the school’s website for easy access to teachers, students, and parents.
- Allow and encourage collaboration between UALR faculty and high school faculty.
- Uphold the guidelines set forth in the MOU.
- Encourage student awareness of course transfer possibilities using the Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS)
Courses Currently or Historically Offered through UALR’s Concurrent Enrollment Program
|BIOL- Evol and Envir Biology|
|BIOL- Science of Biology|
|BIOL- Intro to Human A&P I|
|BIOL- Intro to Human A&P II|
|BIOL – Microbiology|
|CHEM – Fundamentals of Chem|
|CHEM – General Chemistry I|
|CHEM- Chemistry and Society|
|CPSC- Programming I|
|CPSC- Programming II|
|CPSC- Intro to Computer Science Lab|
|CPSC- Data Structures adn Algorithms|
|ENGL – World Literature I|
|ENGL- World Literature Themes|
|ERSC- Physical Geology|
|FREN – Elementry French I|
|FREN – Elementry French II|
|GERM- Elementary German I|
|GERM- Elementary German II|
|GERM- German Conversation|
|GERM- Intermediate German I|
|HIST- History of Civilization I|
|HIST- History of Civilization II|
|HIST- US History to 1877|
|HIST- US History since 1877|
|HIST- Cultural Geography|
|HSCI- Personal Health|
|IFSC- Internet Technologies|
|IFSC- Intro to Ethics|
|MATH- College Algebra|
|MATH- Calculus I|
|MATH- Calculus II|
|MATH- Calculus III|
|MATH- Intro to Statistical Methods|
|MATH- Business Calculus|
|MGMT- Intro to Business|
|MGMT- Fund of Info Technology|
|MUHL- Intnroduction to Music|
|MUHL- Music Fundamentals|
|PHYS- Elementary Physics I Lab|
|PHYS- Elementary Physics I|
|PHYS- Elementary Physics II|
|PHYS- Elementary Physics II Lab|
|PHYS- Physics and Society|
|RHET- Composition I|
|RHET- Composition II|
|SPAN- Elementary Spanish I|
|SPAN- Elementary Spanish II|
|SPAN- Intermediate Spanish|
|SPAN- Conversational Spanish|
|SPAN- Intermediate Convers. Spanish|
|SYEN- Intro to Systems Engineering|
NOTE: This is merely a snapshot of courses offered at a variety of partner institutions either presently or within the past two years. As with any Concurrent Enrollment offering, courses must have a qualified and UALR approved instructor. If you think your institution has teachers to fill any of these courses and would like to expand your CE course list, please send the information and the desired courses to MaryElizabeth Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANOTHER NOTE: If your institution wishes to offer a course that is not on this list, has a qualified teacher, and if that course is offered as a freshman or sophomore level course at UALR, there is no harm in asking that it be added to your course list. Please contact UALR’s Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator with your wishes.