The UALR Concurrent Enrollment Program does not require the teachers to apply for the position. The high school administration or high school CE Coordinator expresses the initial interest for a teacherâ€™s approval. The steps for teachers approval and appointment are as follows:
- High schools express interest in offering concurrent enrollment and send qualifying documents for the teachers they would like to teach the courses to the universityâ€™s CE Coordinator.
- Qualifying documents include:
- A current rĂ©sumĂ©.
- Graduate transcripts
- Syllabus for desired course that reflects University learning outcomes and rigor
- Qualifying documents include:
- After reviewing the documents to ensure the teacher meets CE qualifications, the CE Coordinator sends them to the University department chairperson.
- The department chairperson reviews the documents to make sure it aligns with University guidelines.
- Department chairs send the University CE Coordinator their final approval/disapproval with rationale via email.
- The University CE Coordinator communicates the decision to the high school coordinator.
- The high school coordinator communicates the decision to the teacher.
Once teachers are approved, they are sent a â€śguest faculty formâ€ť to complete and return to their high school CE Coordinator. Â Although the faculty member is not hired through the standard hiring process, he/she is still treated as an extensionÂ of UALR’s adjunct faculty.
The CE faculty memberâ€™s role is to provide quality instruction on a collegiate level to the students he/she serves. As a representative of UALR faculty, the CE faculty should present materials of the same expectations of UALR academic divisions.
- Be familiar with the Concurrent Enrollment Faculty Handbook and Orientation Manual
- Make forms, syllabus, and all necessary materials available for students
- Uphold the standard of UALR academic rigor
- Submit syllabus to CE Program by deadline specified
- Assist students with application and registration process (know the CRNs for your courses, so students can transfer them to their registration sheets)
- Attend UALR Concurrent Enrollment Program professional development
- Provide accommodations to the exceptional population
- Check your rosters to ensure all students are in the proper courses
- Submit final grades as specified per University submission dates
The following items must be completed by each faculty member and checked off by the coordinator to ensure compliance to Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board Policy 5.16.13:
- Copy of rĂ©sumĂ©/curriculum vitae
- Copy of official graduate transcripts
- Syllabus/Syllabi for each course which exhibits evidence of course structure, rigor, and assessment turned in by the first day of each new semester
- Participation in at least one professional development opportunity hosted by UALR CE Program in a given Academic year or verification of accepted PD
- Acceptable PD outside of UALR sponsored PD:
- AP Institutes
- Discipline specific national or international conferences
- Any other PD deemed acceptable by the University Department Chair
- Communication between university department designee