The Kenneth Pat Wilson Center for Economic Education at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock was established in 2004. It was named in Mr. Wilson’s honor because of his long-time commitment to economic education in Arkansas. He worked closely with Dr. Bessie Moore to establish the Arkansas Council on Economic Education in the early 1960s and served as a board member on the council for many years.
In addition to his many years of service on the council, Mr. Wilson served as president of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, and, later, on the Board of Visitors at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock for nearly 20 years. Mr. Wilson also organized and served as chairman and president of First Arkansas Bank & Trust in Jacksonville from 1949 until his health prevented him from continuing in these positions in the late 1990s.
Among the many honors that he earned for his years of service to the community, state, and nation were the William F. Rector Award from Fifty for the Future in 1992, induction into the Arkansas Aviation Hall of fame (for his work in helping secure for Arkansas, the Little Rock Air Force Base) in 1997, and induction into the Arkansas Business Hall of Fame in 2007.
The mission of the Kenneth Pat Wilson Center for Economic Education is to improve the economic and financial literacy of current and future Arkansas citizens.