The Avaya Engineer is responsible for the configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of telecommunications network components to provide a secure, high-performance network. He/she will serve as technical specialist/lead on a functional basis for the resolution of complex network problems, as well as the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment and will also be responsible for the design, administration and deployment of Complex Contact Center flows and technologies, writing, changing, programming, as well as possible onsite repair.
- Provide on-site support including performing maintenance, moves, adds and changes.
- Assist with the design and development of new offerings for infrastructure solutions supporting the complex call center, infrastructure and network telecommunications footprint.
- Responsible for backing up and restoring all Avaya communication environments
- Provide hardware and software support of Avaya S8700, S8500, and S8800 Servers, G650, G450, G430, and G350 Avaya Gateways
- Monitor system performance, capacity, and expansion of systems
- Applies business and technical analytical skills to analyze, identify, design, implement and develop comprehensive support processes to resolve complex business and operational issues involving multi-tiered Avaya IP (internet protocol) telephony applications.
- Works with vendors to design, interpret business requirements and implement Avaya IP telephony solutions including Avaya Communications Manager, Avaya Session Manager, B5800 Gateways, Avaya Voice Portal, and Application Enablement Services.
- Applies knowledge of complex Contact Center operational dynamics as it relates to implementation of ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), CTI (Computer Telephony Integration), Network Routing and Enterprise Reporting utilizing Avaya solutions to solve call center related issues
- Works with various development teams to integrate custom-developed and third-party provided software and hardware solutions including software applications, WFM (Work Force Management), IVR (Interactive Voice Response), Contact Center and data base integration with the Avaya IP Telephony infrastructure.
- Prepares documentation and conducts training and user orientation for clients detailing configuration of proposed and deployed solutions.
- Ability to design and deploy new solutions, provide technical documentation, and transfer technical knowledge to other engineers
- Participates, as a key member of the telecommunications team, in the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and of core LAN/WAN services required for VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) deployments including QOS (Quality of Service), COS (Class Of Service) VLAN’s (Virtual Local Area Network), SBC’s (Session Border Controller) and SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) Carrier Services.
- Must be self-motivated and an independent thinker as well as provide mentoring and technical support to other Telecom Engineers on the team for Avaya Voice Products.
- Bachelor degree and/or related work experience
- Good knowledge of Cisco routing and switching, Microsoft, and Linux server environments Knowledge of Microsoft core infrastructure services, Active Directory, LDAP, WINS/DNS, DHCP, IATS, RDP, IIS and SMTP is a plus
- Architecture experience deploying redundancy and disaster recovery environments and VMware Virtual Server is a plus
- Avaya, Cisco, and/or Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Ability to work independently on projects and function as a technical team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with IS members, levels of management, and executives
Interested applicants should contact Kelley Bass, EIT assistant dean for external affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-682-8137.