As one of the SAFRAN Group‚Äôs high-tech companies, Labinal has provided electrical integration solutions for the global aerospace and defense markets since 1921. We offer full systems solutions ranging from design and manufacturing to installation services located on-site, to logistics; resulting in an end-to-end solution for our customers.
Labinal employs over 9,000 Team Members. We are part of the SAFRAN Group, which is dedicated to aerospace, defense, and security, employing some 62,000 people worldwide. Labinal North America has locations in: Washington, Maryland, Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Mexico.
At Labinal, we believe that a successful company is driven by values. In this, we are committed to three main goals: customer satisfaction, quality, and sustainable development. Customer satisfaction remains our primary objective and guiding principle. Our global presence is aimed at being responsive and pro-active.
As a global leader for aerospace and electrical integration solutions, Labinal provides an environment for teamwork, continuous improvement, and growth.¬† Working with us offers an opportunity to be a part of a Team that impacts the world around you.¬† With a Labinal career path, Team Members are empowered to innovate and shape emerging technology and realize a unique global footprint.
Summary (Position is located in Little Rock, AR)
This position will assist the engineering team in creating/building processes and projects in support of wire harness modification, repair and installation utilizing company vision, mission and guiding principles. Length of Internship-3 to 4 months 40 hrs week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for interviewing operations and technical staff to document process instructions
- Candidate will use combination of computer model imagery and photography to illustrate documents
- Translate process into clear and concise documentation
- Use computer tools such as Microsoft Office and CATIA to complete assignments
- Review engineering documents for accuracy, clarity, and ease of use and revise documents to improve these aspects
- Assist engineering team in producing and assembling publications such as forms, books, and prints
- Candidate may be asked to perform other duties as required
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor‚Äôs degree in Engineering prefer a field of study in Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum Junior year or with equivalent credits
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Able to read or interpret electrical schematics
- Experience with CATIA or other 3D modeling software
- Able to relay information both verbally and in writing
- Be able to complete projects with little supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Basic photography skills using digital camera
- Looking for candidates with can-do attitude and sense of urgency in completing projects and tasks on time
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs on occasion (prolonged standing, sitting and walking).¬† Frequent bending, stooping and stretching.
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibit self-esteem, able to accept responsibility. Is self-motivated and highly organized
Willing to work any shift