High-Performance Cable Assemblies and Adapters Facility
Electrical Engineer – Intern
(Three positions open)
Flexible, Part-Time Schedule (approximately 20 hours a week)
- Must be an American citizen
- Junior or Senior in Systems Engineering
- Perform empirical, analytical evaluation, and characterization of high-speed electronic circuitry to include adapters and cable assemblies.
- Utilize digital oscilloscopes, communication analyzers, pattern generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, TDRs, and bit error rate testers for test speeds up to 10 gigabits per second.
- Assemble experimental circuitry and prototype models. Assembly requires surface mount soldering of miniature electrical components and cable.
- Interface with the high-speed adapter development teams to support the development and implementation of new and ongoing products. The design teams will include electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, quality, marketing and vendors.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point experience required.
- Other duties as required by management.
Interested applicants should contact Kelley Bass, EIT assistant dean for external affairs, at email@example.com or 682-8137