The Entry Level Setup Programmer uses Vestcom proprietary application programs and graphic layout software for setting the formatting of retail marketing display elements to client specifications and business rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Individual works in team environment to implement set-up programs to customer specification and user requirements. This position assists in the design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of application programs. Candidates must balance project scheduled tasks for new product development and product revisions as well as supporting existing client label production at many levels including client, sales, CSR, technical support and print site. Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Education and/or experience
Computer-related degree from a four-year university
Experience using and high-level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs especially experience in: Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
Consideration will be given to applicants with experience in the following:
- Logic and flow diagramming; testing and debugging; and use of composition application programs
- Graphic layout and design especially using Adobe InDesign creative suite
- Postscript or PDF print workflow
- Understanding and usage of various bar code symbologies
Ability to handle client interactions, both internal and external, with tact and decorum at all times, as well as the ability to read, write, verbalize, analyze, and interpret common business and operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to handle and solve time-sensitive problems and situations.
- Ability to determine â€˜best playerâ€™ resources to solve problems that are outside the scope of this position.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with data and information.
Interested applicants should contact Kelley Bass, EIT assistant dean for external affairs, at email@example.com or 682-8137