James H. Cone, Inc. (www.jamesconeconstruction.com) is construction company located in Little Rock that has been delivering successful projects for customers for over 50 years. We are looking for 2 construction management students who can be immediately available for internships.
Purpose: Our Interns will work with our Project Managers to support the Project Managers’ efforts in the various construction activities.
- Maintains a controlled set of project drawings and specifications.
- Interprets drawings and verifies supplied material for compliance.
- Researches and recommends resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, field interferences and errors.
- Communicates and cooperates with customer representatives and management on topics such as completed work, work in progress and problem solution.
- Prepares and disseminates required documentation records, such as status reports, punch lists for uncompleted work, sketches of completed work and material requirement calculations to the Project Manager.
- Supports Project Manager in developing and/or updating schedules, cost control programs and billing documents.
- Assists in coordinating system completion and customer required handover documentation.
- Helps in preparation of cost estimates for bidding process.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of overall construction standards.
- Understanding of commercial construction processes.
Required skills or abilities
- Good computer literacy – Word and Excel. A power user of Excel is an added benefit.
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Good problem solving skills with strong math expertise.
Formal education: Must be currently enrolled in a construction management program at a 4-year college or university.
Hours: Must be able to work 12-20 hours per week
Compensation: This is a paid internship; however, it is not eligible for benefits.
These are immediate openings. Do not apply if you cannot start right away.
Interested applicants should send their resume to Joe Gay, email@example.com or call (314) 409-6883.