Student Intern – Environmental Health and Safety(Job Number: 1300054A)
Work side by side with EHS staff on assignments of specific tasks focused on maintaining compliance and providing technical support to problem resolution in all areas of EHS.
Attention to detail is critical. Collects data and assists in developing plans for assignments. Can expect to have direct contact with other production team members and suppliers or consultants.
· Basic Safety functions required by regulatory/compliance regulations.
· Performs inspections and tests planned to provide documentation for legal compliance in operations, specific EHS issues, and regulations.
· Assists in identifying safety or environmental problem areas
· Assists in IH and/or Environmental sampling for regulatory requirements
· Assists in developing solutions to facilitate safe work practices
· Performs data entry/filing.
· Assists safety team as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants musy be a sophomore, junior or senior year status in an Environmental Health and Safety field with a minimum GPA of 2.8, or persons currently enrolled in school with 2-5 years of EHS-related experience.
· Desire to learn and work with a winning team!
· General knowledge with the use of noise level meters, personal noise dosimetry, and air monitoring a plus.
· General knowledge of OSHA regulations, fire safety, RCRA regulations, hazardous waste operations, and severe weather safety.
· Must demonstrate basic experience in Excel, Access, Microsoft Word, and Power Point
· Must be detail oriented
· Continuous improvement mindset, results driven and a self-starter.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.