The purpose of the intern positions within our company plant is to provide challenging work assignments to college engineering students in order to best demonstrate their leadership and technical skills. These projects also provide the company a means to get valuable work done and help meet key company objectives.
The qualified candidate will support new and on-going projects related to Engineering working under the company’s engineering manager. The candidate will learn all aspects of the position and perform duties of that position at a high level. Accomplish all goals & objectives. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and waste elimination. Lead and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS
- Enrollment in a local college engineering curriculum, preferably a rising junior or senior.
- ME, IE, and EE required
- Strong leadership potential
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility of thinking, planning and acting.
- Outgoing personality with demonstrated leadership experience
- Standing for extended periods.
- Stooping, twisting, bending and kneeling occasionally. Able to lift up to 65 lbs. routinely.
- Close visual work on PC and controls; determine detail, able to distinguish colors.
- Able to wear required PPE.
- Work extended and/or off-shifts and weekends as needed.
- Climb to various levels in the facility using ladders
- Plant production areas; including inside and outside the plant; not air conditioned. Uneven walking surfaces. Plant office areas.
- Exposed to electrical discharges, dust, fluids, compressed gases, rotating equipment, hot surfaces, noise, wet floors, loose material on floors and moving lift equipment.
For more information please contact – Marcus Waters – firstname.lastname@example.org