A well respected local general commercial, industrial contractor is looking for a site Superintendent. The company works primarily in Blytheville, Osceola, and Jonesboro AR.
This is a first-line supervisor position reporting to the General Superintendent or Project Manager with responsibility specifically to the heavy commercial, industrial construction discipline. Superintendents set the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule and cost performance. Their roles and responsibilities are to plan and lead our operations to achieve these expectations while working with a team of engineers and supervisors. Superintendents must be willing to lead by example as well, willing to get dirty with a crew if the need arises.
Directing work crews.
Assuring quality control.
Managing and tracking cost.
Scheduling equipment and subcontractors.
Administering safety programs.
Maintaining good owner relations.
Hiring, training, firing craft personnel.
Develop detailed works plans in conjunction with engineers.
Develop 90-day, 3-week and daily schedules for crews, equipment and materials.
Build on budget and adjust the plan and methods as the work proceeds to improve productivity.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in construction.
- Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong organization/time management skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Â Effective oral and written communication skills.
*4-year college degree preferred.
Please send your resume along with work experience to:
email@example.com or fax (870) 336-1933.