We have by asked a local construction company to find a working Shop Foreman for a cabinet and granite
countertop shop. The company is expanding its capabilities. The company’s core competency is manufacturing
cabinets. However, the organization is heavily involved in residential remodel projects and in residential housing
This person will be a working Shop Foreman and would be responsible for shop operations that
would include cabinet making and fabrication of granite for countertops, general carpentry, plus other duties and
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met to include Material Safety Data Sheets, Occupational Safety and Health Act and Environmental Protection Act.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, and safety procedures.
- Assign work to employees and self perform work as well, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and studying work orders, blueprints, drawings, sketches, specifications; checking equipment and tools, calculating parts, components, materials and supplies requirements; planning layout; preparing time and cost estimates.
- As needed, cuts and shapes wood components by determining appropriate methods for cutting, shaping and assembling parts; setting-up and operating equipment, including power saws, planers, sanders, lathes, jointers, and nailers; measuring and marking materials; verifying dimensions; trimming parts using hand tools, including planes, chisels, wood files and sanders.
- Assembles units and finishes units by sanding, sealing and/or painting surfaces.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions and established procedure, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps supplies ready for checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts and stocking items.
- Controls costs by conserving use of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains quality production results by following standards.
- Accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities add value to accomplishments.
- 3-10 years of residential construction, as well as a background in millwork and trim.
- Documentation skills, inventory management, tooling, carpenter skills, and granite fabrication skills.
High school education or equivalent is required.
Compensation based on experience. $15-$25 per hour with bonus opportunity.
For Confidential Consideration, Please Contact:
(314) 409-6883 (direct line)