Want to work on something that really matters and impacts everyone in the US? MedeAnalytics sits at the intersection of healthcare, technology, big data, and national policy. Our goal is to lower the overall cost of healthcare using data analytics and workflow applications that reduce inefficiencies, facilitate communication and increase transparency. Think Money Ball for hospitals. Over 800 healthcare organizations use our cloud based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products every day and we’re looking for smart people to help us double that number and change the healthcare industry. Our company is privately held and has a high-energy work environment that rewards innovation and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
MedeAnalytics offers an extensive company-sponsored benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and FSA plans, life insurance, short and long term disability, long term care plan and generous PTO. MedeAnalytics also offers a competitive base salary and performance bonus.
In addition, we offer formal training, knowledge sharing, on-boarding program, and career advancement based on merit.
The big data analyst will work closely with product managers, engineers and customers to gather, analyze, document and refine user requirements for the design and development of big data analytics systems in order to achieve large scale, high performance, and rock-solid reliability. This is a hands-on position but will make a big difference for the exciting and dynamic medical fields. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think outside the box and foster innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform system analysis for the design of big data analytics.
- Work with customers to understand their workflow and translate into functional requirements and design documents that can be easily understood by engineers.
- Design workflows and analytics dashboards to meet with user requirements.
- Consult in the creation of training material and provide training to end users.
- Conduct functional testing and system testing to ensure high quality.
- Contribute to the Company data platform for scale, performance, and rock-solid reliability.
- Work with engineering and product teams distributed across multiple locations.
- Proactively interface with product managers, architects, engineers, testers and delivery stakeholders to ensure requirements and other artifacts align across teams.
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management.
- Other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned.
Essential Education, Experience and Interests:
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and quick-learner.
- Good track-record of successfully developing robust systems through full lifecycle following repeatable, reliable and measurable processes.
- Good interpersonal (both oral and written) communication skills combined with a successful history of working with different cultures and directly with clients.
- Proven knowledge of healthcare systems and clinical workflow
- 3 to 5 years related work experience in Healthcare/Clinical Informatics.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in healthcare IT system design and specification
- BI and big data analytics expertise and/or statistics training a plus
- QA testing experience a plus
- Bachelors degree in Healthcare related field (e.g. Informatics, Nursing etc.), Business or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with big data technologies and databases
- Understanding of meaningful use, ACO’s and Population Health Management
- Experience in Scrum methodology
- SaaS or cloud software development experience
- Based in Dallas, TX or Emeryville, CA
- Travel required: approximately 10%
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near office equipment (telephone, computer) and other employees. The employee works in normal office conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc. Verbal and written communication, telephone usage, filing, sitting, typing, driving, reading and carrying required to perform the essential functions of this job.