Want to work on something that really matters and impacts everyone in the US? MedeAnalytics sits at the intersection of healthcare, technology, big data, and national policy. Our goal is to lower the overall cost of healthcare using data analytics and workflow applications that reduce inefficiencies, facilitate communication and increase transparency. Think Money Ball for hospitals. Over 800 healthcare organizations use our cloud based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products every day and weâ€™re looking for smart people to help us double that number and change the healthcare industry. Our company is privately held and has a high-energy work environment that rewards innovation and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
MedeAnalytics offers an extensive company-sponsored benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and FSA plans, life insurance, short and long term disability, long term care plan and generous PTO. MedeAnalytics also offers a competitive base salary and performance bonus.
In addition, we offer formal training, knowledge sharing, on-boarding program, and career advancement based on merit.
The big data engineer will work closely with the product managers and developers to create and maintain the big data systems for large scale, high performance, and rock-solid reliability. This is a hands-on position that will require performing system development and maintenance activities for the exciting and dynamic medical fields.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining systems that leverage big data and traditional BI technologies.
- Work with the product owners and business analysts in analyzing business requirements and design and implement database structures and fine tune performance to meet those requirements.
- Work on engineering the Company data platform for scale, performance, and rock-solid reliability.
- Responsible for the setup, creation and maintenance of Vertica, MongoDB, Hadoop, and MS SQL database clusters and servers.
- Work with engineering and product teams distributed across multiple locations.
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management
- Other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned
Essential Education, Experience and Interests:
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and quick-learner.
- Good track-record of successfully building robust systems through full lifecycle following repeatable, reliable and measurable processes.
- Understanding of healthcare technology and industry and able to make decisions on the best technology for MedeAnalytics solutions.
- Good interpersonal (both oral and written) communication skills combined with a successful history of working with different cultures and directly with clients.
- Proficient in ETL and hands-on experience with one of the ETL tools (like SSIS, Kettle or Talend). Must be able to construct and troubleshoot very complex queries and handling big data (Data transfer, import/export, storage, performance and security).
- Must possess knowledge and experience with SQL Server, IIS, OLAP etc.
- Must possess experience with Linux.
- Knowledge with Vertica, MongoDB and Hadoop a big plus
- Technical degree (Bachelors of Science, Computer Science or equivalent) strongly desired; advanced degree (MS) preferred.
- Experience in Data Migration from database and data warehouse application to Vertica
- Experience in Scrum methodology
- SaaS or cloud software development experience
- Based in Dallas, TX or Emeryville, CA
- Travel required: approximately 10%
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near office equipment (telephone, computer) and other employees. The employee works in normal office conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc. Verbal and written communication, telephone usage, filing, sitting, typing, driving, reading and carrying required to perform the essential functions of this job.