Want to work on something that really matters and impacts everyone in the US? MedeAnalytics sits at the intersection of healthcare, technology, big data, and national policy. Our goal is to lower the overall cost of healthcare using data analytics and workflow applications that reduce inefficiencies, facilitate communication and increase transparency. Think Money Ball for hospitals. Over 800 healthcare organizations use our cloud based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products every day and we’re looking for smart people to help us double that number and change the healthcare industry. Our company is privately held and has a high-energy work environment that rewards innovation and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
MedeAnalytics offers an extensive company-sponsored benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and FSA plans, life insurance, short and long term disability, long term care plan and generous PTO. MedeAnalytics also offers a competitive base salary and performance bonus.
In addition, we offer formal training, knowledge sharing, on-boarding program, and career advancement based on merit.
The Business Intelligence (BI) interns will work closely with the engineers and architects to build and maintain the big data systems for large scale, high performance, and rock-solid reliability. This is a hands-on position that will require performing system development and maintenance activities for the exciting and dynamic medical fields.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, clean and transform data from disparate sources for Business Intelligence.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining systems that leverage BI and big data analytics technologies.
- Work with business analysts and Sr. engineers in analyzing business requirements.
- Responsible for the setup, creation and maintenance of MS SQL and Vertica database clusters and servers.
- Work with engineering and product teams distributed across multiple locations.
- Effectively document and communicate results
- Stay up to date on current trends in big data analytics and healthcare
- Other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned
Essential Education, Experience and Interests:
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and quick-learner.
- Good interpersonal (both oral and written) communication skills.
- Knowledge with .Net, SQL and databases.
- Knowledge with Linux.
- Knowledge with statistics methods, machine learning algorithms and data mining skills
- Technical degree (Bachelors of Science, Computer Science, BioInformatics or equivalent) strongly desired; advanced degree (MS) a plus.
- Knowledge with big data analytics
- Familiarity with Scrum methodology
- Based in Dallas, TX
- Travel required: approximately 10%
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near office equipment (telephone, computer) and other employees. The employee works in normal office conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc. Verbal and written communication, telephone usage, filing, sitting, typing, driving, reading and carrying required to perform the essential functions of this job.