The primary role of the Project Management Office Specialist is to participate in the day to day management of an assigned portfolio of projects; metric/ data collection/ reporting; general administrative support and assistance to the Project Management Office. Effectively monitor project milestone deliverable activity related to schedules for new product development projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the organization, planning, tracking, and monitoring of a technology project portfolio including the collection of status, maintenance/closure of action items, priority tracking and KPIs.
- Ensure project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Produce and maintain relevant Project Management Office reports and metrics.
- Serve as the point of contact for the project.
- Lead project team meetings and proactively follow up with the Project Manager and project team to ensure project plans and schedules remain current and up to date.
- Participate capacity and resource management planning activities
- Administration of Project and Portfolio toolset including SAP RPM, Microsoft Project Server systems. This includes evaluating data availability and if systems are being utilized for full effectiveness.
- Review and advise project team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines and reporting standards to ensure they are adhered too.
- Manage the preparation of periodic project status reports and customized reports as needed.
- Provide support where required for internal meetings, workshops, etc.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Track development status of manufacturing preparedness and transition status to overseas factories of new designs and modifications as needed.
- Responsible in understanding PMO project priority determinations.
- Bachelor Degree in business or engineering related field, or equivalent experience as determined by management.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and/or manufacturing environment with an emphasis on detail and tracking of development projects.
- 3 + years team leadership / management experience
- Experience in engineering in a manufacturing industry using PLM systems such as Microsoft Project Server
- Knowledge of Electrical Cable Systems
- Knowledge and familiarity with electrical components & materials
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and bill of materials
- Technical acumen across several areas including tooling, mechanical and manufacturing systems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess an awareness of Project Management methodologies and Project Lifecycles.
- Highly developed numeracy and software skills (including in-depth knowledge of all MS Office tools)
- Deep understanding of planning, tracking, and monitoring of the Technology project processes analysis including KPIs
- Above average competency with Microsoft office suite including Microsoft Project 10 and Visio
- Demonstrated ability to understand the need for flexible processes, accurate tracking and completion.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and able to anticipate potential issues.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams and individuals in a positive manner.
- Good written and verbal skills for clear and concise communication.
- Prior experience working in a globally based company
To Apply Contact -Â Sandy Logsdon -Â 870-215-3054