The System Support Specialist is responsible for a wide range of activities related to computer system support such as the maintenance and utilization of workstations and LAN/WAN systems, error and problem analysis and resolution, training of end users and other system and application support requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Resolves hardware and software issues for Windows based or Apple McIntosh applications for end users.
- Diagnoses system and hardware malfunctions and computer generated errors and recommends and implements corrective actions, including consulting with network engineer, system support engineer or vendors.
- Configures images, installs and removes workstations and printer hardware and software. May require lifting of equipment and devices which can weigh up to 100 pounds.
- Provides end user application and system training.
- Applies system and software upgrades for software, hardware and printers.
- Coordinates system maintenance needs with network engineer or system support engineer and provides required system maintenance.
- Researches new technology and evaluates new products.
- Recommends changes or updates in programming, documentation and training to address system deficiencies and user needs.
- Provides disaster recovery support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of LANS, WANS and microcomputer hardware and software.
- Ability to analyze computer system problems and errors and resolve issues in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ability to manage server and personal computer systems to ensure effective utilization of data, space and equipment.
- Ability to image all operating and support systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently or collaboratively with a team.
This job has physical demands which create physical requirements which are necessary for an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. A key physical requirement is that the employee must be able to lift and move computer equipment, printers and other equipment which may weigh up to 100 pounds. Another physical requirement of the position is that the employee must be able to speak clearly and have good hearing. The position also requires the employee to have good vision abilities, especially in regard to performing close in work; also the ability to sit and use their hands and fingers to touch and feel. This position may also require the employee to be able to drive an automobile, walk, stand, reach with arms and hands, climb low heights, have a good sense of balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Special Job Dimensions:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of information systems, computers, office equipment and clerical procedures.
Minimum Education and/Experience:
- A formal education requirement of an associate’s degree or equivalent in computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field is required.
- Two years of work experience in computer support is required.
- A CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent is also required.
Reporting to this Position:
This position is a Grade C117.
ALC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the application process, contact HR.