Congratulations graduates: Jessica Goeman

Jessica GoemanWith numerous obstacles facing her, Jessica Goeman was able to defy all odds and receive her bachelor’s degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Dec. 17.

Before she began her freshman year at UALR, Goeman had moved out on her own. The summer of her freshman year she planned her wedding and got married.

“My husband was definitely my biggest influence through this journey,” she said. “He was there for me through the good, the bad, and the ugly. He pushed me to finish and do well even when I didn’t want to study.”

During the Christmas break of her sophomore year, Goeman’s mother passed away.

As troubling events continued to pile on her plate, Goeman never quit. She was even able to graduate a semester early.

Having a desire to work with computers and people, Goeman saw information science as the perfect field to explore. With a  strenuous workload ahead of her, she was able to find a way to balance her personal life with her future career.

“It was hard,” she said. “I had to rely on my planner to stay organized. I divided my tasks and did a little work each day so I wouldn’t fall behind.”

Goeman now works as an intern at USAble Life and hopes to work her way up to project manager of the company.

Looking back on her journey, Goeman knows that she took the right steps to help launch her into her future career.

“I feel it is super important for anyone to get their degree so that they can gain responsibility,” she said. “Not only that, but a degree can help you earn more pay and more respect.”

Posted in: News, Student Profiles
Read more about: , ,