Dr. Kenji Yoshigoe bids the university farewell

Kenji Yoshigoe

Dr. Kenji Yoshigoe

For the past 12 years, Dr. Kenji Yoshigoe, department chair and professor of computer science, has served the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and the College of Engineering and Information Technology with determination and patience.

He leaves the university to embark on a new journey at the University of Tokyo in Japan where he will be joining a team of faculty to establish a new college of information, which will be known as Innovation and Design.

“This is a big challenge that the University of Tokyo is pushing to promote producing new start-up companies,” Yoshigoe said. “It’s a great opportunity and challenge that I’m willing to take.”

During his time at UA Little Rock, Yoshigoe saw the enrollment of computer science programs double. He also founded the UA Little Rock Computational Research Center and led the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security’s National Center of Academic Excellence in cyber defense education.

To add to his lists of accomplishments, Yoshigoe brought several state and federal grants to the university to promote research and education in Arkansas.

“I’m going to miss most of the university,” Yoshigoe said with a smile. “I’m really going to miss my colleagues and my students.”

As he says his final goodbyes, the college celebrates Yoshigoe for his hard work and efforts to make the university a greater place to receive a quality education.

Posted in: Faculty Spotlight, News
Read more about: , , , ,