You can make an appointment to be advised in one of three ways.
- Call the English Department at (501) 569-3161 to set up an appointment.
- Set up an advising appointment online (via the online appointment calendars below).
- Directly contact the adviser you have worked with in the past either by phone or email.
To make an advising appointment online, click on one of the advising calendar links below. You must be logged into your UALR email account. Please schedule your appointment at LEAST 24 hours in advance and put your t-number and phone number in the “Description” box.
- Advising Slots, Laura Barrio-Vilar (general advising)
- Advising Slots, Jeremy Ecke (general advising and students interested in Linguistics minor), or email to email@example.com
- Advising Slots, Paul Crutcher (Secondary Education students only)
- Advising Slots, Heather Hummel (Creative Writing), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advising Slots, Angela Hunter (general advising, MAIS advising)
- Jeffrey Condran (Creative Writing), email him at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Brad Minnick (Secondary Education students, MAIS students): contact him directly to set up an appointment.
- Paul Yoder: call the English Department (569-3161) to set up an appointment or contact him directly. All Cooper Honors students must be advised by Doc Yoder.
- Jim Levernier: call the English Department (569-3161) to set up an appointment or contact him directly.
You may also be advised online if you meet certain criteria. To be advised online, you must
- have completed between 30 and 90 hours
- be a declared English Major, English Major with a Creative Writing Emphasis, or an English-Secondary Education Major
- already know what you plan to take (this is important)
- not be a Cooper Honors scholar (they must be advised, in person, by Dr. McAbee)
- not be new to the English program or to UALR
- not have significant transfer issues
If you meet these criteria and would like to be advised online, complete this form.