You can make an appointment to be advised in one of two ways.
- By calling the the English Department at (501) 569-3161 and setting up an appointment
- By setting up an advising appointment online
To make an advising appointment online, click on one of the links below. (You must be logged into your UALR email account).
Please schedule your appointment at LEAST 24 hours in advance and put your t-number and phone number in the “Description” box.
- Advising Slots, Laura Barrio-Vilar (general advising)
- Advising Slots, Kris McAbee (general advising)
- Advising Slots, Jeremy Ecke (general advising)
- Advising Slots, Frank Thurmond (Secondary Education Majors only)
- Advising Slots, Paul Crutcher (Secondary Education Majors only)
- All Secondary Education students in the blocks must be advised by Dr. Brad Minnick. Please call the English Department (569-3161) to set up an appointment or talk to him directly.
- All Cooper Honors students must be advised by Dr. Paul Yoder. Please call the English Department (569-3161) to set up an appointment or talk to him directly.
- You can also be advised by Dr. Jim Levernier. Please contact the English Department (569-3161) and set up an appointment or talk to him directly.
You may also be advised online if you meet certain criteria. To be advised online, you must
- have completed between 30 and 90 hours
- be a declared English Major, English Major with a Creative Writing Emphasis, or an English-Secondary Education Major
- already know what you want to take (this is important)
- not be a Cooper Honors scholar (they must be advised, in person, by Dr. Paul Yoder)
- not be new to the English program or the University
- not have significant transfer issues
If you meet these criteria and would like to be advised online, complete this form.