You can make an appointment to be advised in one of three ways.
- Call the English Department at (501) 569-3161 to set up an appointment.
- Set up an advising appointment online.
- Directly contact the adviser you have worked with in the past either by phone, email, or their online appointment calendar (below).
To make an advising appointment online, click on one of the advising calendar links below. You must be logged into your UALR email account. Please schedule your appointment at LEAST 24 hours in advance and put your t-number and phone number in the “Description” box.
- Advising Slots, Laura Barrio-Vilar (general advising)
- Advising Slots, Kris McAbee (general and Cooper Honors). All Cooper Honors students must be advised by Dr. McAbee.
- Advising Slots, Jeremy Ecke (general advising)
- Advising Slots, Frank Thurmond (Secondary Education Majors only)
- Advising Slots, Paul Crutcher (Secondary Education Majors only)
- Advising Slots, Heather Hummel (Creative Writing)
- To be advised by Brad Minnick, contact him directly to set up an appointment. All Secondary Education students in the blocks must be advised by Dr. Minnick.
- To be advised by Paul Yoder, call the English Department (569-3161) to set up an appointment or contact him directly.
- To be advised by Jim Levernier, call the English Department (569-3161) to set up an appointment or contact him directly.
You may also be advised online if you meet certain criteria. To be advised online, you must
- have completed between 30 and 90 hours
- be a declared English Major, English Major with a Creative Writing Emphasis, or an English-Secondary Education Major
- already know what you want to take (this is important)
- not be a Cooper Honors scholar (they must be advised, in person, by Dr. Kris McAbee)
- not be new to the English program or the University
- not have significant transfer issues
If you meet these criteria and would like to be advised online, complete this form.