College of Business
Department of Management
Two Options Available
- General Management (MGOL)
- Human Resource Management (HROL)
Through the Bachelor of Business Administration in Management, you will develop conceptual skills and practical problem-solving techniques that apply to the management of resources in the modern business environment. The program includes coursework in areas such as leadership and motivation, human resource management, international business, and small business management. Students who complete this program will be knowledgeable of management fundamentals and methods applicable to decision-making in both the public and private sectors.
The Human Resource Management option prepares individuls for careers in areas related to human resource management such as personnel management, workplace management, and training. Among issues and activities covered are the legal environment of employee relations; job analysis and design; employee planning, recruiting, and selection; employee training and development; employee productivity improvement, compensation, and other reward systems; union-management relations; and quality of work life.
You must be admitted to the College of Business to receive an official degree plan.
- Completed Math 1302 College Algebra and RHET 1312 Composition II with a grade of â€śCâ€ť or better and
- Have a minimum of 2.25 overall GPA (at UALR or from transferring school) or
- Have a minimum of 2.25 on the most recently completed 15 hours at UALR
- Without being officially admitted to the College of Business, students may take all business courses (except the capstone MGMT 4380) as long as all prerequisites have been met. Please check current catalog for prerequisite requirements.
In addition the university core curriculum, students are required to complete 48 hours in the Business core curriculum, 27 hours from the General Management curriculum, and 5 electives.
Browse courses associated with this degree/program
- Dr. Robert B. Mitchell | 501.569.3383 | email@example.com
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
UALR is affiliated with the Electronic Campus of the Southern Regional Education Board, fully accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and designated as “doctoral/research intensive” by the Carnegie Foundation.
UALR makes every effort to meet special accommodation and access needs. For information on specific accommodations for individuals with disabilities, contact the department sponsoring the class you wish to attend, or call Extended Programs at 501.569.3003, or the Office of Disability Support Services at 501.569.3143. The Disability Support Services website, ualr.edu/disability/, provides information about the accommodation process and web forms to apply for services.