Vehicle Rental & Lease
Requirements to Rent a University Vehicle
First-time drivers of university vehicles need to complete a Driver’s Authorization Form. Please submit the form along with a copy of your driver’s license to Student Services Center (SSC) room 425. This form needs to be completed ten days prior to vehicle use and must be on file before you can leave the campus with a university vehicle.
University vehicles must be reserved electronically via:
Please view the equipment and service rates to determine which vehicle will be best suited for you. If the vehicle is returned late, meaning after 7:30a.m. the morning following the due date, the department’s FOAPAL will be charged for an additional day’s rate.
Hours of Operation
Facilities Management is open Monday through Friday from 7:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. You may collect the keys to your vehicle(s) anytime during normal business hours. If your reservation requires you to leave before normal business hours, you may collect the key(s) after 2:00p.m. the prior business day provided there is not a pending or current rental.
All vans are located in Lot 6, adjacent to the Facilities Management Building. All other vehicles are located in the Motor Pool, which is located directly behind the Facilities Management Building. Please feel free to ask anyone in the Operations Center (FM 220) if you need assistance locating your vehicle(s).
Vehicles returned during normal working hours should be returned for check in to the Operations and Services Center (FM 220). After hours and on weekends, rental vehicles can be returned to Lot #6, spaces 611-616. Vehicle keys, credit cards, and receipts should be placed in the gate lockbox.
We do require notification of cancellation at least 24 hours prior to your reservation date and time. If the vehicle reservation is not canceled, or the vehicle is not picked up on the date of scheduled rental, a minimum one-day rental charge will be applied to the reserving department’s account.
Vehicle Credit Card Use
Vehicle credit cards are available for use with university fleet vehicles only. State Procurement policy states that cards cannot be used with any other vehicle(s). Violation of this policy will not be tolerated. Drivers who purchase gas for any vehicle on official business with a personal credit card will need to file a reimbursement claim form in order to be reimbursed by their department.
If a vehicle credit card is lost or stolen, please report it immediately to the credit card company by calling 1.800.395.0812. A lost or stolen credit card report will also need to be filed with the Facilities Management Operations and Services Center upon return of the vehicle.
Fuel & Maintenance Locations
The fuel and maintenance locations currently accepting the WEX Fleet Card can be found here.
Vehicle Accident or Breakdown
In the event of a vehicle accident or breakdown, please abide by the following procedures:
- In the event of an accident, contact 911 immediately to report the accident to the proper authorities and to file a police report. Then contact the university’s insurance provider with information on the card located in the vehicle’s glove compartment.
- If the accident occurred during business hours, contact the Facilities Management Operations and Services Center at 501.569.3390; otherwise, call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 501.569.3400. DPS will connect you to the appropriate personnel for further assistance and instructions.
- Upon returning to UALR after a vehicle accident, complete a Motor Vehicle Accident report, and submit it to the Operations and Services Center (FM 220).
- If towing is required, services are available through WEX Fleet Card Services. Call the number located on the back of the provided WEX Fleet card for customer service, and they will locate a service to assist you. Please note that WEX Fleet Card Services only covers the following services: towing of UALR vehicle, brake/muffler, lube, road side assistance, car wash, parts, tires, glass, repair/body shop, and transmission.
- If your UALR vehicle breaks down to where there is a need for a rental vehicle, please contact Enterprise as UALR has a state contract with them. Please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for this service.
- If you require a hotel rental due to a vehicle accident or breakdown, please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for this service.
- If you are in need of services that are not covered by the WEX Fleet Card Services and are at least 100 miles from UALR, please call Unum Assist America at 1.800.872.1414. If you are less than 100 miles from UALR and need services that aren’t covered by WEX Fleet Card Services, please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for these services.
If you have any questions regarding vehicle rentals, please contact the Operations and Services Center at 501.569.3390.