Skip to the page content Skip to primary navigation Skip to the search form Skip to the audience-based navigation Skip to the site tools and log-in Information about website accessibility

Facilities Management

Lease Policies

Driver Criteria for University Vehicles

First-time drivers of university vehicles need to complete a Driver’s Authorization Form. Please submit the form along with a copy of your driver’s license to Student Services Center (SSC) room 425. This form needs to be completed ten days prior to vehicle use and must be on file before you can leave the campus with a university vehicle.

Vehicle Credit Card Use

Vehicle credit cards are available for use with university fleet vehicles only. State Procurement policy states that cards cannot be used with any other vehicle(s). Violation of this policy will not be tolerated. A listing of service locations will be given to the rental customer upon vehicle checkout.

Top of Page

Monthly Vehicle Motor Pool & Fuel Card Charges

For vehicle backcharging purposes, a current UALR FOAPAL# (F(Fund), O(Organization) A(Account), P (Program), A(Activity), L (Location)) must be on file for each assigned vehicle department. Invoices will be mailed electronically to the contact person authorized by the department to receive invoices. This information is reviewed annually for updates. Should this information change prior to the next fiscal year, please notify the Facilities Management Operations and Services Center immediately at 501.569.3390.

Top of Page

Annual Lease Charges

At the beginning of each new fiscal year, departments with university assigned leased vehicles will be backcharged an annual lease charge. Departments who own their vehicle(s) will not be back charged.

Top of Page

Motor Pool Charges

Motor Pool Charges are billed monthly. Departments who own their vehicle(s) and are not charged an annual lease charge are billed for all Motor Pool maintenance expenses (Gas/Oil/Parts and/or Misc. Maintenance Related Expenses). Departments that pay annual lease charge(s) are billed for gas only.

Occasionally, there may be instances when other charges may apply. Routine maintenance and repairs are monitored. In cases where maintenance expenses regularly exceed normal vehicle usage standards, and vehicle negligence and abuse is apparent, the department will be charged for all expenses related to repairing the vehicle.

Top of Page

Gas Credit Card Charges

Gas Credit Card expenses are backcharged monthly and/or upon receipt of billing statement. Because the card(s) are the sole responsibility of the department to which they are assigned, the department should use caution in whatever internal processes they develop to monitor the use of the card(s). Should card negligence or abuse be suspected, the card(s) could be cancelled.

Top of Page

Vehicle Accident or Breakdown

In the event of a vehicle accident or breakdown, please abide by the following procedures:

  • In the event of an accident, contact 911 immediately to report the accident to the proper authorities and to file a police report. Then contact the university’s insurance provider with information on the card located in the vehicle’s glove compartment.
  • If the accident occurred during business hours, contact the Facilities Management Operations and Services Center at 501.569.3390; otherwise, call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 501.569.3400. DPS will connect you to the appropriate personnel for further assistance and instructions.
  • Upon returning to UALR after a vehicle accident, complete a Motor Vehicle Accident report, and submit it to the Operations and Services Center (FM 220).
  • If towing is required, services are available through WEX Fleet Card Services. Call the number located on the back of the provided WEX Fleet card for customer service, and they will locate a service to assist you. Please note that WEX Fleet Card Services only covers the following services: towing of UALR vehicle, brake/muffler, lube, road side assistance, car wash, parts, tires, glass, repair/body shop, and transmission.
  • If your UALR vehicle breaks down to where there is a need for a rental vehicle, please contact Enterprise as UALR has a state contract with them. Please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for this service.
  • If you require a hotel rental due to a vehicle accident or breakdown, please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for this service.
  • If you are in need of services that are not covered by the WEX Fleet Card Services and are at least 100 miles from UALR, please call Unum Assist America at 1.800.872.1414. If you are less than 100 miles from UALR and need services that aren’t covered by WEX Fleet Card Services, please refer to your department’s policy on how to pay for these services.

Top of Page

Updated 4.22.2015