Fall Financial Aid for 2013
- Please review other important deadline dates
- August 9 – Book vouchers will be available for eligible students beginning August 9th. Check to see if you qualify by logging into your BOSS account at http://boss.ualr.edu. Remember that these vouchers are only valid at the UALR Bookstore. (Food vouchers will not be available until the first day of class.)
- August 9 – Freshmen Admission Application Deadline – for all students who are entering freshmen or freshmen transfer.
- August 12 – Registration Confirmation Deadline – All registered students must have confirmed their fall registration by 5 PM on this date.
- August 16 - All Freshmen must be registered no later than 4:00 p.m. on August 22, 2011. There will be no late registration for new freshmen students.
- August 16, 4PM - Admission Application Deadline – for those students who are not entering freshmen or freshmen transfer
- August 19 – First Day of Fall Classes
- September 3 – 11th Class Day – Financial Aid Census Date
Your enrollment on this date determines your financial aid eligibility for all awards for the fall term, including federal aid, funds received from the Arkansas Department of Higher Education, and UALR scholarships.
- September 3 – Refund Checks Begin
- September 3 - Deadline to submit application for AR Residency
You were assigned a UALR Personal Identification Number (PIN) when you submitted your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or when you were cleared for registration. The first time that you log into your BOSS account (boss.ualr.edu), you will be asked to update your UALR PIN to a 6 digit number of your choice. You will also be asked to set-up a verification question. This question is very important; please make a record of this information.
If you forget your PIN, you will go to BOSS and click the “Forgot PIN” button. The system will then ask you the verification question that you created the first time you logged into your account. After you successfully answer the question, you can re-set your PIN to the 6 digit number of your choice. If you cannot remember your answer to the verification question, or if you have other difficulty, you may come in person to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid with a photo ID and we will assist you with re-setting your PIN.
State of Arkansas Consent Form
Any student receiving state funds must complete the State of Arkansas Consent Form before funds will be disbursed. Students who are at least 18 years of age complete the form electronically in BOSS. For students under the age of 18, a parent must complete the form and submit a signed paper copy to the UALR Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
Be aware of scholarship renewal requirements! Different scholarships have different criteria you must meet to receive and keep your scholarship. Check your scholarship award letters to ensure that you are completing the required number of hours and achieving the required GPA.
If you are a first time Direct Stafford Loan borrower, you are required to complete a Loan Entrance Counseling session and a Master Promissory Note. Both are available online at http://studentloans.gov. You must complete both requirements before any student loan funds can be disbursed to UALR.
Remember: You must be fully admitted and enrolled at least half-time to receive federal loan funds. To view half-time enrollment requirements: http://ualr.edu/registration/index.php/home/am-i-full-time-half-time-or-part-time/
NOTE: Dropping below half-time status after receiving loan funds may cancel eligibility for future loan disbursements. Students who are enrolled in coursework at a different level (for example, graduate students enrolled in undergraduate coursework), must document that the coursework is a requirement for their intended program of study. If the classes are not a requirement for the program, the classes will not be counted for financial aid eligibility
Repeat Coursework also impacts enrollment status for financial aid purposes. A student who is repeating a previously passed course may receive financial aid for that course only if the student is repeating the course for the first time.
Dropping Classes or Withdrawing
Dropping individual classes or withdrawing from all classes will affect your financial aid. In some cases, UALR may have to return a portion or all of your financial aid, and you may owe a balance to UALR. It is best to always speak with a Financial Aid Advisor before making any changes to your schedule
Satisfactory Academic Policy
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) is committed to ensuring students’ academic success. The Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended requires UALR to establish a policy that will enforce academic progress standards to ensure students receiving federal financial aid are making timely progress to complete their intended program of study.
Academic records will be reviewed after each period of enrollment (fall, spring, and summer) to confirm that students are making satisfactory academic progress. All student records will be reviewed. Federal financial aid recipients will be notified by letter if any of the following three academic progress standards of GPA, progress completion, and time frame are not met.
All students should familiarize themselves with the UALR Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.