UALR recognizes that many students have financial needs that can precede receipt of their financial aid. In an effort to assist students, we offer a Bridge Loan to those who anticipate financial aid will exceed their university billed expenses. The Bridge Loan is funded privately by generous donors. As a result, there are limited/finite funds available, and students will be served on a first-come first-served basis as long as funds are available. The maximum loan per semester is $300.00.
Who is eligible?
- All students who are enrolled at least half-time student for the upcoming/current term and who have financial aid in excess of their charges. Aid must be accepted and all requirements to receive aid satisfied.
- Returning students must be in good academic standing and have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 or greater. New students must be fully admitted.
- Students must not owe a prior balance to the University and must not have defaulted on a prior Bridge Loan or other educational loan.
Is there a charge for the Bridge Loan?
- Yes, a $10.00 charge will be assessed for each loan to help support the Bridge Loan Program. Interest is not charged.
When is the loan payment due and how can the loan be repaid?
- Loan payments are due 5 weeks after the start of the fall or spring semester and 3 weeks after the start of the summer semester.
- Students may repay the loan at any time through the Cashier’s Office or authorize the repayment of the loan with using financial aid.
How and when will approved students receive the loan funds?
- Loans will be disbursed by Student Accounts.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Bridge Loan, click here for an application. Submit the completed application to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Fax: (501) 569-8956 or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- In person: Donaldson Student Services Center, 2nd Floor or
- Mail: Financial Aid, Donaldson Student Services Center, Suite 219, 2801 South University Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72204-1099