Click HERE for a printable version of this guide.
Accessing Time Entry (Hourly Employees)
- Log into BANNER (banner.ualr.edu).
- Enter your username and password. **Note: Leave database field blank.
- Click “Connect.”
Electronic Approvals of Time Entry PHATIME Screen
Use the table below to enter the first section:
|Entry By||Time Sheet|
|Organization||Time Sheet Org|
|Time Entry Method||Department|
|Transaction Status||Not Started|
|Payroll Number||Current Pay Period|
- Click in the “Jobs” field.
- When the dialogue box appears, click “Yes.”
- If you receive any errors, click “View Errors.” Otherwise, click “Continue” to proceed with entering time.
Entering Hours Worked
- Scroll through the list to select the employee you wish to enter hours worked.
- Click in the “Time Entry Earn” field then enter the appropriate earning code. **Note: You must enter the appropriate hours worked under each day of the week. Please be sure to only enter hours in quarter-hour increments.
- Click the “Floppy Disk” icon on the toolbar to save. **Note: Comments are required if an employee works on a day when the university is officially closed.
Submitting for Approval
On the menu bar, click “Options” then select “Submit for Approval.”
Tips and Reminders
- A work week is Monday through Sunday.
- If an employee has multiple positions, either within the organization or outside the organization, it is the responsibility of the employee and each individual organization to ensure the employee does not work more than 40 hours in a work week to avoid overtime.
- Hourly employees are only allowed to work 1500 hours each fiscal year.
- All supervisors must approve hours worked (which have been entered in PHATIME) in BOSS. Please refer to the manual titled “Time Entry Approvals.”
- If the incorrect hours are reported, a Time Sheet Adjustment Form must be submitted to the Payroll Office.
- Quarter-hour increment to minutes:
- 0.25 = 1-15 minutes
- 0.50 = 16-30 minutes
- 0.75 = 31-45 minutes
- 1.00 = 46-60 minutes
- Earning Codes/Usage/Position
|022||Hourly Straight Time||HR|
|027||Work Study Straight Time||HW|
|025||Work Study Overtime||HW|