Click HERE for a printable version of this guide.
Opening Leave Reports
- Log into BOSS (boss.ualr.edu).
- Enter your T# and pin.
- Click the link “Click here to continue …”
- Click the “Employee Tab.”
- Click “Leave Report.”
Leave Report Selection
- Select the radio button beside “Access My Leave Report.”
- From the drop down menu, select “Self” or “Proxy” and then click “Select.”
- At the Leave Report Selection Screen (from the drop down menu) select the correct pay period and then click “Leave Report.”
Entering Leave Usage (Exception Time)
- Next to the appropriate earning code and under the appropriate day of the pay period, click “Enter Hours.”
- Enter the leave usage for the specified earning code and date and then click “Save.”
- Continue to enter leave usage for additional earning codes and days. **Note: Be sure to click “Save” after each entry. Do not click “Submit for Approval” until all leave usage (exception time) has been entered for the selected pay period.
Submitting the Leave Report
- Once all of your leave usage (exception time) for a particular pay period has been entered, click “Submit for Approval.” **Note: If you took the same amount of time off for the same earning code during a pay period, you can click the “Copy” button, which allows you to copy the time from one date to another.
- At the Certification screen enter your BOSS pin and click “Submit.” **Note: Your leave report has been submitted for approval. You may log out of BOSS.
Tips and Reminders
- Leave reports and time sheets must be approved by 5 p.m. on the date specified.
- If a leave report is not submitted by the appropriate due date, a Leave Adjustment Form must be submitted to the Payroll Office.
- If your supervisor is not available to approve your leave report by the deadline, you should contact your supervisor’s proxy.
- If you have submitted the wrong leave usage (exception time) and it already has been approved, your supervisor must submit the Leave Adjustment Form to the Payroll Office.
- If you had no leave usage (exception time) for a particular pay period, access your leave report, make sure there are no leave-usage hours entered, and then submit it for approval.
- If you are a new employee and cannot see your leave report, please check with your supervisor to make sure all the correct paperwork has been processed.
- Quarter-hour increment to minutes
- 0.25 = 1-15 minutes
- 0.50 = 16-30 minutes
- 0.75 = 31-45 minutes
- 1.00 = 46-60 minutes