Click HERE for a printable version of this guide.
Accessing Time Entry (Classified and Non-Classified Employees, including Faculty)
- Log into BANNER (banner.ualr.edu).
- Enter your username and password. **Note: Leave database field blank.
- Click “Connect.”
Leave Usage (Exception Time) PHATIME Screen
Use the table below to complete the first section:
|Entry By||Leave Report|
|Organization||Time Sheet Org|
|Time Entry Method||Department|
|Transaction Status||Not Started|
|Leave Number||Current Pay Period|
- Click in the “Jobs” field.
- When the dialogue box appears, click “Yes.”
- If you receive any errors, click “View Errors.” Otherwise, click “Continue” to proceed with entering time.
Entering Leave Usage (Exception Time)
- Scroll through the list to select the appropriate employee you wish to enter leave usage (exception time) for.
- Click in the “Time Entry Earn” field then enter the appropriate leave code.
|181||Sick (Summer Faculty Only)|
|300||Comp. Time Taken (Classified Employees Only)|
Click the “Floppy Disk” icon on the toolbar to save. **Note: Comments are required if an employee used authorized leave in a given pay period.
Submitting for Approval
On the menu bar, click “Options,” then select “Submit for Approval.”
Tips and Reminders
- Exception time is defined as leave hours used by an employee during a particular pay period (for example, vacation, sick, authorized leave usage).
- Hours used for exception time will be entered in BANNER using the PHATIME form.
- If an employee terminates his/her position during the pay period, complete his/her final time sheet on a paper form then deliver it to the Payroll Office as soon as possible.
- If an employee has no leave usage for the pay period, submit the leave report without entering any leave usage.
- All supervisors will approve time (which has been entered on PHATIME) in BOSS. Please refer to the manual titled “Time Entry Approvals.”
- To submit time to be deducted from an employee’s paycheck for disciplinary reasons, the employee’s supervisor must turn in a Leave Report Adjustment form to the Payroll Office.
- Quarter-hour increment to minutes:
- 0.25 = 1-15 minutes
- 0.50 = 16-30 minutes
- 0.75 = 31-45 minutes
- 1.00 = 46-60 minutes