News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » News

Business professor receives award

Submitted by Ryan P.C. McQuen on October 7, 2010 – 8:22 amNo Comment

James L. Youngquist, the Executive Director of UALR’s College of Business, received the 2010 President’s Award from the National Association of Development Organizations Aug. 31.

According to the university website, Youngquist received the award both for his years of leadership, excellence and dedication to promoting regional solutions, partnerships and strategies that advance the economic and community competitiveness of America’s local communities. The award also recognizes his current work at UALR, including assistance with the Arkansas Planning and Development Districts, the governor’s office, the Arkansas Economic Development Commission, the Delta Regional Authority, and the Austin regional office of the Economic Development Administration. 

Photo courtesy of Susan Jackson.

Youngquist has been at UALR since March 2008. As Youngquist says, “The fact that people in my field felt like I had provided leadership to the regional community economic development organizations to a level that they would give me this lifetime achievement award is very humbling, and I am very appreciative.”

Youngquist said he also received the Economic Development Administration’s Star of the Southwest Award for Arkansas last year. He said he is “blessed” to work with “dedicated men and women who love what they do. It is a 24-7 position really, but it is a labor of love.” 

NADO’s website said, “NADO provides advocacy, education, networking and research for regional development organizations primarily serving small metropolitan and rural regions.”

Comments are closed.