News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

Coast Café has big taste, small prices

Submitted by LaToya Sergent on October 20, 2010 – 10:47 pmNo Comment

Shrimp basket from Coast Cafe in the River Market $6.00. Photo by LaToya Sergent

Those who like to have a good time know downtown Little Rock has a lot to offer.

Starting from the big trailer, also known as the President Clinton Library, you pass The Flying Fish, Sticky Fingers and The Flying Burrito; But there is much more.

Across from the amphitheater in the River Market is a quaint spot called Coast Café.

For less than $10, you can get a tasty meal on the go fast. Unlike the typical fast food restaurants, Coast Café uses real food and it’s not soiled with grease.

I ordered a shrimp basket, which came with French fries, for $6. I added a cranberry juice for $1.50. You may be thinking the shrimp are those puny bite-sized disappointments. You would be wrong. The basket had six big perfectly battered butterfly shrimp and more fries than I could finish.

The café also has Philly cheese steaks, burgers, Nathan’s hot dogs, pizza and many more yummy American favorites. If you are not in the mood for a meal, there is an a la carte menu.

To me, no restaurant is complete without something to tame my sweet tooth. Coast Café definitely delivers with its shakes and fruit smoothies. Try the peanut butter shake for $3. 50.

Coast Café is open 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. That’s not good news for the night owls, but I assure you, Coast Café is well worth getting out early. You may even begin to appreciate the daytime. There is lots of seating in and about the café where you can enjoy the cooler temperatures.

While you are out, take the time to look around.

The restaurant shares its space with other businesses like Andina Café and Coffee Roastery, Boulevard Bread Co. and River Market Grocery.

So if you get some time between classes or a break from work, head to Coast Café in the River Market to fill your belly without emptying your wallet.

Comments are closed.