News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

Cheap thrills in Rock City – Clinton Museum

Submitted by Melissa Ibbotson on February 19, 2011 – 12:45 pmOne Comment

Little Rock is a city with plenty of history and we’ve had our share of famous people, notably former President Bill Clinton. The William J. Clinton Presidential Library is chock-full of information about his time in office, as well as a lot of other interesting exhibits.

Start off learning about Clinton’s campaign, his Cabinet and his time in office. Then go upstairs and find out more about his early life, as well as some of the “fun” things Clinton did in office, such as state dinners and holidays. You can even tour a replica of the oval office and take a gander at some gifts he received from around the world.

Of course, the library doesn’t have enough room to fit all of the things from Clinton’s time in office. So be sure to check out the website to see just a handful of the items it has in storage.

The library isn’t just about Clinton’s life and presidency. It features a couple of changing exhibits each year, on a wide range of subjects.

Through May, you can check out two such exhibits. “Revolution and Rebellion: Wars, Words and Figures” and “Dr. Seuss” will both be featured until May 22.

The Clinton Library is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. It is located in downtown Little Rock and can be seen from I-30. Admission is $7 for adults, and $5 for students with a valid ID. For more information about the exhibits and other programs, visit www.clintonlibrary.gov.

One Comment »

• Being a sax player, I was wondering whether there would be any information or sound clips of his music. I saw him play on David Letterman. Did he play in a band or just in a HS marching band. Is his sax on display?