Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

Artspree presents award-winning guitarist

Submitted by Melissa Ibbotson on February 23, 2011 – 4:28 pm2 Comments

Photo courtesy of diarioinformacion.com

The Artspree program at UALR will be presenting a concert by guitarist Florian Larousse at 7:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 28, at the Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall.

Larousse’s program will include John Dowland’s Fantasia, Lachrimae Pavan, and Fancy; J.S. Bach’s Lute Suite in E minor, BWV 996; Fernando Sor’s Variations on a Theme by Mozart, Op. 9; Nuccio D’Angelo’s Due Canzoni Lidie; and Giulio Regondi’s Introduction and Caprice, Op. 23.

According to his biography on www.guitarfoundation.org, the 22-year-old has been playing guitar since the age of eight, and has earned awards in countries around the world, including Spain, France, Germany, Hungry, Portugal, and the United States.

Larousse has been featured in two concert tours as a result of competition wins, one in Spain for the Jose Tomas Competition and the other in the U.S. following the GFA International Concert Artist Competition.

Tickets for the show are $20 for general admission, $10 for UALR faculty and other students, and free to all UALR students with an I.D. For more information, and to purchase tickets, call Artspree at 501-569-3288.

2 Comments »

• Tom says:

It sounds like Larousse is a name to watch out for soon. I have noticed that in the charts, the most popular songs seem to be by the lesser known, indie type bands and song persons who have suddenly come from nowhere. I guess this is where they come from.

• As a musician who has been in national music competitions, I greatly admire a person of his stature. I wish I could be there to experience it.