Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

Yogurt Mountain provides mounds of fun

Submitted by Ricky Harris on February 23, 2011 – 4:30 pmNo Comment

Photo by Ricky Harris

When I found out that a new ice cream joint was opening up in town, I said to myself, “Self, really?! What’s the point?”

Yogurt Mountain describes itself on the Web site as featuring “the ultimate, self-serve frozen-yogurt experience.”

Sure, all businesses claim to have the best, so I wanted to go see what this hoopla was all about.  As soon as I walked through the doors at the new Chenal Parkway location, I knew I was in for a totally different experience.

Instead of standing at a counter and telling the employee what they can scoop for you, customers at Yogurt Mountain take a cup and put in it whatever flavors, in any amounts they wish. The price is .45 cents per ounce,  or $6.99 for a pre-packed cup, $15.99 for a pie, and sodas are available as well.

Yogurt machines line the wall, and customers use small cups (similar to those made for ketchup at fast food restaurants) to taste as many samples as they want.  Ranging from the traditional vanilla and chocolate all the way to birthday cake and watermelon sorbet, Yogurt Mountain has something to fit any taste.

All of the dozens of flavors are low-fat or fat-free, and at any given time there are 16 to choose from.  Over 50 toppings are also offered, from the basics like sprinkles all the way to my personal favorite: chips of chocolate-covered waffle cone. They also have various fruits and sauces available.

I enjoyed my first experience, which has led me to go back many times since.  No offense to the other ice cream establishments, but this place is way more fun.

Yogurt Mountain can be found in the Chenal Place Shopping Center across from Genghis Grill in West Little Rock.  Store hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 11 a.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday.

Comments are closed.