News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

‘Paul’ not worth the money

Submitted by Ricky Harris on April 7, 2011 – 1:52 pmNo Comment

A movie about a little green alien with a huge head who interacts with humans seems typical, I know. Still, something about the previews for “Paul” intrigued me and made me chomp at the bit to get to the theater.

The bad part was, I was more excited going into the theater than I was coming out.

I guess I was just expecting it to be more, you know, funny, especially with stars like Seth Rogan (the voice of Paul) and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (think Shaun of the Dead) playing the main characters Graeme Willy and Clive Gollings.

Instead, I was disappointed as it became more of a feel good story–help the poor little dude get back to his people because the government will otherwise do away with him.  Thus, a chase ensues to get Paul back to his people.

Sure, there were some funny parts… and some dry humor as well.  But I waited and waited for the film to pick up the pace and keep my attention, and it just never happened.

I really don’t have much more to say because the movie didn’t leave me with any lasting memories other than the disappointment of spending $9.75 to see it. If you’re a die-hard alien junkie, wait until this one comes out on DVD.

Comments are closed.