Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

‘Rise’ puts primates in charge

Submitted by Tony Howard on August 16, 2011 – 5:20 pmNo Comment

Photo courtesy of www.boomtron.com

Looking for a new movie to see before you get too heavily involved in the responsibilities of being a college student? If you have any free time in the coming week or so, make sure to stop by your local movie theater and catch “Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” released Friday, Aug. 5.

I’ve  never seen any of the “Planet of the Apes” franchises before, so I was skeptical. This movie sets the beginning of the franchise up for anyone who does not know how it began, though it is not the first feature film in the franchise.

Full of action, tears, humor and suspense “Rise,” will leave you wondering and will also make you want to watch the previous movies if you have not seen them.

The movie highlights the life of Caesar the main ape role in the movie, taking you through his life as a child then into adolescence and on into adulthood. The last few scenes of the movie or the “ape escape” (as I like to call it), is one of the best scenes. Explosions, people drenched in water, and the obvious use of stunt people keep you on the edge of your seat. By story’s end, it was man vs. ape, and who do you think won?

4 out of 5 stars. A must see.

Comments are closed.