News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Features

9/11 remembered

Submitted by Tony Howard on September 11, 2011 – 3:04 pmNo Comment

It was approximately 8:45 a.m., the start of fourth period my eighth-grade year. I was 13 maybe going on 14. I don’t remember exactly. Everything was going fine, until we got the news.

Boom! Right in your face there it was. There was no escape. As 14-year-olds, we really didn’t have a clue what was going on in the World Trade Center, but we were about to find out.

Boom! As we watched the first plane hit the first tower our jaws and our pencils dropped. Work was officially done for the day; we were under a terrorist attack.

Boom! The second plane flew into the other tower and some began crying as they had relatives who worked in the World Trade Center. We were not only shocked, we were beginning to fear for our lives.

We were watching people on TV running about hysterically. I remember that the footage they were showing was coming from someone’s camera phone. I don’t think it hit us until both towers collapsed and we thought of all the people trapped inside.

I’ll never forget that day, and I’m sure America will never forget it either – 10 years later, we remember.

Comments are closed.