Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment, Featured

Layla’s Mediterranean meals aim to please

Submitted by Kacie Waters on September 11, 2011 – 5:22 pmNo Comment

Photo by Kacie Waters

If you are looking for a delicious and filling meal for a reasonable price, Layla’s is the place to go; it has a unique taste that you aren’t likely to find elsewhere in Little Rock.

When you arrive, you are instructed to find a seat and wait for your server to greet you, which they quickly will. The waiter gives you a menu and takes your drink order just like any other restaurant, but what makes Layla’s different is the menu. The options include Mediterranean, Greek, and Italian food items. Some of those are hummus and pita bread, falafels, gyros, shawarma sandwiches, calzones, and pizza.

Based on what I’ve eaten I can only be certain that the hummus, chicken shawarma sandwich, and chicken calzone are delicious, but I would venture to say that the rest of the menu is just as great tasting. The entire menu with prices and other information can be found at the restaurants website: laylasgyro.com

The restaurant is a single room so you can see everyone else and have the option to peek in the kitchen, which is open to the rest of the room, and watch your food being prepared. Layla’s is small, and only has room for around 20 people, which adds to its appeal.

The cozy feeling is not only because of its size, but also its family owned and operated atmosphere. The employees are friendly and aim to please. At one point in our meal the waiter accidentally brought out the wrong order and was quick to correct the mistake. He was understanding and very nice.

The bright yellow of the walls gives the room a fresh and cheerful vibe. The tables, which are all different sizes to seat varying groups of people, are scattered around the room. Paintings hang on the walls and the smell of Layla’s lets you know what you are about to eat is going to taste good. Even the bathrooms at Layla’s are clean and well maintained.

Layla’s is located at 9501 North Rodney Parham Road, a short drive from UALR. It opens at 11 a.m. every day and closes at 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 p.m. Friday through Saturday, and 5 p.m. ┬áSunday. If you are craving a good, inexpensive meal Layla’s will happily accommodate you.

Comments are closed.