News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Headline, News

Police looking for clues in death of slain student

Submitted by Ricky Harris on November 2, 2011 – 6:14 pmOne Comment

Friends and family of slain student Patricia Guardado stand on the corner of Camp Robinson and 47th Street in North Little Rock on Oct. 29, in the hope of finding information leading to the arrest of her killer(s). Photo by Jennifer Ellis

No arrests have been made in the murder case of a missing UALR student, according to Little Rock police.

The body of Patricia Garcia Guardado, 20, was found Oct. 16 in a small pond near Sweet Home. She had been missing since the morning of Oct. 12. Her car was found in a parking lot behind Burger King on South University Avenue across the street from the UALR campus.

Lt. Terry Hastings, spokesperson for the Little Rock Police Department, said multiple investigators are working on the case. “We have some information that we are working on,” Hastings said. “Because of the nature of the investigation, we are not revealing any of those details.”

LRPD is collaborating with the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office as well as the UALR Department of Public Safety.

Hastings said Guardado’s car did not provide information to help with the investigation. “Nothing about that car set off any flags,” Hastings said.

While the department has not released much information about the investigation, Hastings showed a bit of optimism at a campus-wide discussion hosted Oct. 20 in the University Theater by Chancellor Joel Anderson.

“I have no doubt that we’re going to solve this,” Hastings said. “I think we’ll get this solved very quickly.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact 501-580-8706. UALR has offered a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to an arrest in the case.

One Comment »

• SEO New York says:

Any news about this tragedy ? Any justice? Any punishments, any suspects??? Please, tell me something about that cause it’s so freak.. I cant believe that things like this happens in our world… But always before and always in future we will have some innormal people with fucked mind and crazy ideas… R.I.P