News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Features

Biggest Loser competitor on track

Submitted by Melissa Ibbotson on March 1, 2012 – 11:15 pmNo Comment

It’s been four weeks since the Biggest Loser competition put on by Campus Rec- reation started, and competitor Nicole Freeman is working hard. She’s been hit- ting the weights, going to classes and has even made changes to her diet. And so far, she’s ahead of her weight loss goal.

“I hopped on the scale … and it was sit- ting at 210!” she said.

That puts her weight loss at five pounds so far, with plenty of time to lose more. Freeman said it’s been hard, but she’s en- joying it.

“I was just getting into the swing of things, and then I got sick,” she said. “I made it to one boot camp and a Zumba class for a week when I went down with a terrible cough.”

She missed a few classes, but was able to make them up, and Freeman even takes extra classes when she can.

“I go to the Saturday Kick Butt class and the Sunday Boot Camp,” she said. “I’ve been going to the [Tuesday-Thursday] In- termediate/Advanced classes and they have been kicking my butt!” She also at- tends the Zumba classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Freeman said her biggest issue has been the diet, but said Boot Camp Coordi- nator Naomi Fletcher was working with the group on their nutrition.

“I love to eat all the things that are bad for you,” she said. “I eat when I’m happy, sad or just plain bored.”

Freeman said something she’s done to combat the problem is replace snacks with a glass of tea, or a zero calorie water flavor packet.

“I just want the flavor of food anyway, so tea is a good replacement,” she said.

But if she’s really hungry, she said she’ll hit up Starbucks for some fresh fruit. “I grab an apple, banana or orange while I ignore those really yummy muffins.”

She’s also been paying attention to her diet at home. For breakfast, it’s usually yo- gurt, a toaster scrambler and fruit. Lunch means Ramen noodles with vegetables, and a typical dinner is a Lean Cuisine meal.

Freeman said she is excited about the competition so far, and she’s ready for the next weigh in. Be sure to pick up the next edition of The Forum for another update.

Comments are closed.