Students encouraged to write the new UALR fight song
November 19, 2014 – 2:40 pm | No Comment

With more than 100 degrees, 60 graduate programs, and seven athletic teams, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers students a quality education and college experience. However, one element, common to other universities—a fight …

Read the full story »
News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Archive by Month

Article Archive for April 2012

Construction aims to improve energy efficiency
April 25, 2012 – 1:51 pm | One Comment

A project between the Donaghey Student Center and Stabler Hall that has impeded traffic will be completed within a few weeks, but other obstructions are still to come, according to university officials.
The project will distribute …

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers roll into Little Rock
April 22, 2012 – 4:03 am | 6 Comments
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers roll into Little Rock

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers brought their travelling road show to Central Arkansas on Saturday, April 21, at Verizon Arena in North Little Rock.

The Forum picks up awards in contest
April 20, 2012 – 7:25 pm | 3 Comments
The Forum picks up awards in contest

The Forum took away 22 awards, including third place in the Newspaper General Excellence category, at the Arkansas College Media Association’s 2012 Conference hosted by UALR on Friday, April 20.

Something about app draws you in
April 20, 2012 – 7:00 am | Comments Off

“Angry Birds,” “Temple Run,” and “Instagram” had their time to shine, now all of the attention is turned toward a new addicting app called “Draw Something,” created by OMGPOP.

Sonic Youth guitarist goes solo
April 20, 2012 – 6:59 am | Comments Off

Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo has reached the age of necessary nostalgia. As a college graduate in the late 1970s, he transitioned from hippiedom to chaos, taking refuge in the dark existence …

Titanic goes 3-D for anniversary
April 20, 2012 – 6:59 am | Comments Off

“Titanic,” written and directed by James Cameron, won 11 Oscars in 1997 and was the romantic cry-fest of the year. 15 years later, it’s in theaters again, this time in 3-D.
The 3-D version of the …

‘Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter’ a novel take on blood sucking fad
April 20, 2012 – 6:58 am | Comments Off

When people think of Abraham Lincoln, they think of “Honest Abe,” the Illinois Rail-Splitter of the Civil War, the Great Emancipation and one of the most famous assassinations in U.S. history.  It is doubtful that …

Hidden Gems: Vintage Socialite – Hillcrest thrift store offers cool duds at a cool price
April 20, 2012 – 6:56 am | 3 Comments

Thrift stores are a tricky business in an environment that varies as much as our own. Larger chain outlets such as Goodwill and Savers aim to openly serve the needy, while smaller businesses take advantage …

Administrator passes 60, strives to not slow down
April 20, 2012 – 6:48 am | Comments Off
Administrator passes 60, strives to not slow down

After reaching age 60, most people begin to think about retirement and settling down as they end their normal work careers. Climbing mountains usually doesn’t cross their minds. But for Dave Millay, associate vice chancellor …

Students rally to discuss killing of Florida teen
April 20, 2012 – 6:43 am | 2 Comments
Students rally to discuss killing of Florida teen

The African-African Male Initiative held an open rally Thursday where about 35 students shared their perspectives surrounding the controversial death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
“We wanted to invite other students into a healthy discussion and …

Medical marijuana provides unnecessary opportunity for abuse
April 20, 2012 – 6:40 am | 3 Comments

Recently, there have been supporters for medicinal marijuana use in Arkansas in the upper concourse of the Donaghey Student Center; when a student walks by, they give their speech about how marijuana is supposedly good …

‘Kony 2012’ sequel released
April 20, 2012 – 6:39 am | Comments Off

Invisible Children released “Kony 2012: Part Two Beyond Famous” last week in response to negative reactions toward its prequel.
Part two follows suit with the first video saying the African government and its people lack enough …

Good night and good luck UALR
April 20, 2012 – 6:37 am | Comments Off

Five years have come and gone. My senior year has but a month remaining. It’s almost time to walk across the stage.
It will be bittersweet.
When I first decided to come to UALR I didn’t know …

Seniors ready to take diplomas and run
April 20, 2012 – 6:34 am | Comments Off

Graduation is just around the corner, which means tassels and robes, degrees and congratulations. Mine has been a long time coming, and I’m sure glad it’s almost here. I’m counting down the days.
There’s only so …