News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Features

‘Biggest Loser’ player doing well

Submitted by Melissa Ibbotson on April 8, 2012 – 1:01 pmNo Comment

With two weigh-ins down and a month left in the competition, Biggest Loser competitor Nicole Freeman said all her hard work is paying off.

“The first one was a disaster. I lost no weight whatsoever,” she said. “At the next weigh in I dropped to 204 lbs!”

It hasn’t all been easy though. Freeman said her biggest problem has been her eating habits.

“I was eating out a lot and not being smart about it,” she said. “I had a lot ofjunk food around the house and I was eating huge portions.”

So she “re-engineered” her diet. She replaced the junk food with fruit or 100 calorie desert bars. She also fixed her portion sizes.

“Your meat should be the size of a deck of cards, your fruit the size of an baseball, your breads the size of a cassette tape and your vegetables the size of a light bulb,” she said. “I only made enough food for one serving of whatever I decided to eat or I packed up the extra servings for leftovers before I sat down to eat.”

Freeman said to help her with the smaller sizes, she ate more whole grains and vegetables to fill her up. She also started freezing healthy lunches and snacks on Sundays for school lunches. When she does go out to eat, she watches what she eats and takes half of the portion home for later.

She is now four pounds away from her weight-loss goal, and there are still three weigh-ins to go. She said she has dropped a pant size and is excited about the rest of the competition.

Check out Freeman’s progress in the last issue of The Forum, April 18.

Comments are closed.