News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

‘100 Floors’ game creates many escapes for iPhone users

Submitted by Chelsey McNiel on August 22, 2012 – 12:23 pmNo Comment

Do you have fears about getting stuck in an elevator? No problem; with “100 Floors” for the iPhone, you will spend more time trying to get in one than out.
After downloading this free app, puzzle lovers will be shaking, swiping, tapping and turning their smart phones to open an elevator door and advance to the next floor.
By solving various puzzles the player is rewarded with a new design on every floor and another compelling challenge. Players sometimes move objects or collect tools into inventory boxes at the bottom of the screen; these tools are used for specific purposes like a hammer to knock in a wall or a knife to cut the string of a balloon.
This game calls for tenacious imagination so amateurs watch out, because the tricks to opening the elevator door quickly become more challenging. Yet there are subtle clues, such as objects near the door and related themes on the floor, which help players solve each puzzle. Although there are no options to lower the playing level, if a player is stumped a quick search online will result in solutions like walk-through videos on YouTube. There is even an official app guide that can be downloaded from the app store.
I have only reached floor 47 and can confirm the quick addiction that comes with the game. Some floors are quickly solved while others I found myself too frustrated to do anything else but look up the cheats. I had to remember to use every function my iPhone had to make it through; even setting it down so there was absolutely no motion detected.
The app store warns of a couple ‘bugs’ on floor 84 that block players after they ‘perform six point touches’ although all chores are done correctly. Also, tapping banner ads that run along the bottom of the screen during play can cause an error. Simply tapping the refresh button within the level should resume play.
These addicting mind teasers have already awarded ‘100 Floors’ the number one slot in the app store even though the game only just reached 100 levels in July with its 2.0 version update. It requires iOS 3.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Players are encouraged to send in ideas for new puzzles because the game makers are  looking to continuously add new floors. The creators have promised a ‘little surprise’ at the end for those who beat the game, so download the app today and see if you can make it to the top!

Comments are closed.