Students encouraged to write the new UALR fight song
November 19, 2014 – 2:40 pm | Comments Off

With more than 100 degrees, 60 graduate programs, and seven athletic teams, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers students a quality education and college experience. However, one element, common to other universities—a fight …

Read the full story »
News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Archive by Month

Article Archive for September 2012

Three candidates to compete for provost position
September 26, 2012 – 6:05 pm | Comments Off
Three candidates to compete for provost position

After a national search that has lasted nearly 15 months, UALR Chancellor Joel Anderson recently announced the names of three candidates for the university’s provost and vice chancellor of academic affairs position.
The candidates, who were …

To tweet or not to tweet? (Opposed)
September 24, 2012 – 12:17 pm | 2 Comments

Twitter is a great way to keep up with friends, current events, and networking, but some coaches fear it is not for their players and they cannot use it.
Many student athletes around the country are …

To tweet or not to tweet? (Support)
September 24, 2012 – 12:17 pm | Comments Off

I realize I’m in the minority when I stand in support of coaches who ban their players from Twitter. I’ve taken some heat from friends and co-workers who claim coaches are violating the first amendment …

Volleyball gets set for conference play
September 24, 2012 – 12:15 pm | Comments Off

The UALR volleyball team finished the Saluki Invitational taking two wins in three games Sept. 7-8.
The Trojans faced Tennessee-Martin, Southern Illinois, and Nicholls State in the two-day Saluki Invitational.
On Friday, the Trojans defeated Tennessee-Martin, 3-1, …

Hawaiian native kicks her way to the Natural State
September 24, 2012 – 12:14 pm | Comments Off
Hawaiian native kicks her way to the Natural State

Ashley Asuncion is a freshman soccer who was born and raised in Oahu, Hawaii.
Soccer has been a part of her life since she was in Kindergarten.
“I just fell in love with it after a …

Trojans knotch first win, shutout UAPB
September 24, 2012 – 12:13 pm | Comments Off
Trojans knotch first win, shutout UAPB

It took the UALR soccer team seven games, but the Trojans finally found the win column with a resounding 4-0 shutout win over UAPB on Sept. 9.
Dominant throughout the game, the Trojans controlled the Golden …

New film ‘possesses’ horror fans
September 24, 2012 – 12:12 pm | One Comment
New film ‘possesses’ horror fans

The new suspense-horror flick “The Possession” isn’t what I would consider scary, but it will definitely make you wary of what you purchase at a yard sale.
Clyde Brenek (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), a divorced, father of …

Goodreads pitches mobile networking for book junkies
September 24, 2012 – 12:11 pm | Comments Off

Goodreads.com, a social networking tool that allows readers to catalog what books they have owned and read, has released its own app to provide its users with more convenient options when a computer isn’t readily …

English band reflects on career with new reissue and material
September 24, 2012 – 12:02 pm | Comments Off

The “shoegaze” genre has always been hard to define in a general sense. Chock full of lush instrumentation and fledgling guitar experiments, it pushes music nerds to induct key acts like My Bloody Valentine and …

Canadian pop act Stars supports ‘The North’ by traveling south
September 24, 2012 – 12:01 pm | Comments Off
Canadian pop act Stars supports ‘The North’ by traveling south

While indie rock has become ingrained in a generation of upstarts over the last decade, a particular locale has nurtured bands that have surpassed the most critical of expectations. The Montreal scene, which includes the …

Clinton School hosts panel for Rep production of ‘Henry V’
September 24, 2012 – 11:53 am | Comments Off
Clinton School hosts panel for Rep production of ‘Henry  V’

The Arkansas Repertory Theatre , a nonprofit organization going into its 37th year of existence, is showing its production of William Shakespeare’s “Henry V” through Sept. 23. In conjunction with the Clinton School of Public …

Study abroad provides lesson in world culture
September 24, 2012 – 11:51 am | One Comment
Study abroad provides lesson in world culture

During the summer, 70 UALR students studied abroad in Costa Rica, France, England, Germany, Spain, Mexico, and Istanbul. Exciting experiences and giving them opportunities to learn about different culture first-hand.
“The more globalized the world becomes …

Freshman finds unique lab at UALR
September 24, 2012 – 11:51 am | Comments Off
Freshman finds unique lab at UALR

Hunter Dunne, a freshman systems engineering major with a focus in mechanics, has been working on an anti-icing research project at CINS.
According to Dunne, anti-icing coatings can potentially be used on automobiles or the surfaces …

Local doctor brings house calls to dorms
September 24, 2012 – 11:47 am | Comments Off

After witnessing student residents at the University of Arkansas drive home for medical care from their primary doctor, a Little Rock physician established an alternative.
Dr. Kent Covert pitched his idea to two of his high …